If you’re venturing down to Cooma for the weekend of November 2nd 2013 to watch or participate in the Australian National Busking Championships, the Snowy Ride or the Motorfest, why not take advantage of our Weekend Bed & Breakfast Package. To find out more click here>>November Weekend Bed & Breakfast Package.
Visitors to Cooma and the Monaro will find plenty to do. Our broad history has led to an abundance of beautiful buildings, and interesting monuments and memorials. There are parks and look-outs, and some great shopping opportunities, too.
- Drive to the top of Mount Gladstone for sweeping views of the mountains and the Monaro Plains.
- Browse through Cooma’s craft galleries and craft stores.
- Go horse riding on the high plains.
- Go fly-fishing for trout in the streams and lakes around Cooma.
- The Lambie Town Walk will help you discover Cooma’s National Trust-classified sites including Victorian cottages, goal, courthouse and post office.
- The gigantic Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme was built in the region. It took 25 years to construct at a cost of $800 million. Today it is still the largest and most brilliantly designed multi-storage hydro system in the world and attracts visitors from all around the world. Visit the Snowy Hydro Discovery Centre.
- Cooma Corrective Services Museum. If you are curious about the rich penal history of NSW, the Corrective Services Museum in Cooma is the place to visit.
1 Vagg Street, Cooma.
- Cooma Visitors Centre. Open 7 days .
- Cooma Monaro Railway, a 1924 rail motor that departs from Cooma’s historic railway station each weekend.
- Cooma Ex Services Club has entertainment on a Friday and Saturday evening.
High Country Markets
Snowy Mountains Trout Festival
Lake Jindabyne & Eucumbene
Apple Blossom Festival, Batlow
Girder Fork Rally , Cooma
Feast of Poetry
Motorfest (every 2 years , Cooma)
Snowy River Festival, Snowy River Shire
Sheep Dog Trials, Bredbo
District Kennel Club Dog Show, Cooma
NPWS Kosciuszko National Park
Cooma Picnic Races
Kosciusko National Park